In order to be charged with a felony first degree sale of a controlled substance in Minnesota, a sale or sales of one or more of the following must exist:
- Ten grams or more of cocaine, heroin, and/or methamphetamine;
- 50 grams or more of amphetamine, PCP, and/or hallucinogen;
- 200 or more packaged doses of amphetamine, PCP, and/or hallucinogen;
- 50 kilograms or more of marijuana, THC, or a mixture of both; or
- 25 kilograms or more of marijuana, THC, or a mixture of both, within a school zone, a public housing zone, or a drug treatment facility.
In cases of an allegation of multiple drug sales, the total weight or dosage for all sales over a 90-day period can be combined to satisfy the amount or weight needed for 1st degree drug sale charges.
Jennifer Pradt has years of experience defending drug cases. Move quickly to get advice and look at search and seizure issues. Your best defense may be in a constitutional argument. Were your rights violated in any way?
Lesser amounts can be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th degree possession or sale. 5th degree possession of a controlled substance can be even trace amount, and is a felony.
Call for a consultation to look at search issues. 651-235-6280