The oldest profession is still a crime in Minnesota. While some debate whether this is a “victimless crime,” prostitution stings are frequent in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area, and an arrest can have embarrassing and immediate consequences.
That’s why being a lawyer is the second oldest profession.
At the Law Office of Jennifer Pradt, we can offer immediate counsel and advice to help you work out of a difficult situation. There is a great deal that can be done in terms of your record, jail time, fines and conviction. And it can be done efficiently and discreetly. Call 651-235-6280 if you have been arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
Many of the stings target users of Backpages, Craigslist, and internet escort services. You need a lawyer before you speak to the police. They are trained to get a confession; get a lawyer trained to help you.
Prostitution is defined as performing or offering to perform any of these acts for hire where there is an exchange of value:
- Sexual intercourse
- Manual or other bodily contact stimulation of the genitals of any person with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desires of the offender or another.
Patronizing a prostitute is either:
- Entering or remaining in a place where sexual relations are being sold or offered for sale with intent to engage in such or sexual intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act with a person selling sexual relations who is 18 years of age or older; or
- Hiring a person selling sexual relations who is 18 years of age or older to engage in acts to gratify the sexual desires of the offender or another, sexual intercourse, sodomy or any unlawful sexual act.
Promoting prostitution is:
- Establishing, owning, maintaining or managing a house of prostitution, or participating in the establishment, ownership, maintenance, or management of it
- Permitting any place partially or wholly owned or controlled by the defendant to be used as a house of prostitution
- Procuring, inducing, or soliciting a prostitute for a house of prostitution or for a patron
- Procuring transportation for, paying for the transportation of, or transporting a person within this state with the intention of assisting or promoting that person’s engaging in prostitution.
The penalties for prostitution related offenses are even harsher when the alleged prostitute is 18 or younger.